Monday 27 February 2012

Questions on Prayer time tables and where to Pray

Q;I have a question please and I am not sure what to do.
I am studying now at Tafe College in Wagga Wagga I am doing Nursing for Aged Care.
I start at 9am and finish at 3pm.
Should I excuse myself to pray brother as I wish to commit to our 5 daily prayers,
and do I pray on my mat or use the floor, it is a clean environment.

A; All-Praise is due to Allah,
Firstly I ask Allah to grant you success in your studies and benefit the Muslims with your knowledge in this field. Without a doubt Praying on time is a command that Allah has bestowed upon His slaves, for verily He The-Exalted said,

Indeed, prayer has been decreed upon the believers a decree of specified times.

[Al-Quran 4:103]

As for Praying Dhour (The Midday Prayer) while you are at collage you may do so on your break, according to the Prayer timetables in Waga Waga Dhour starts at 1:24 pm until 5:02 pm and this is when Asr (The Afternoon Prayer) begins. So if you get a break at 1:24 pm then by all means Pray on your break. If you find that your break does not coincide with the Dhour Prayer time then the best thing you can do is Pray it straight after you finish collage (before going home), just in case you transgress beyond the prescribed time. Baring in mind that even when you finish your collage you still are in the time limit of the Dhour Prayer as I mentioned above. Just

As for Praying on a mat you may do so if you think that the surface you are Praying on is impure or may dirty your clothes.

The Sharia' has informed us how one must identify impurities. Impurities are identified by three elements and they are colour, smell, and taste. So if we where to have suspicion of any impurities on must base their judgment on these three elements and not to have any doubtful thoughts on something that is not one-hundred percent clear. The Scholars of Islamic Jurisprudence have come to consensus on this issue and is a basic lesson that will avoid all doubtful and suspicious thoughts that relate to this matter.

Just remember where ever you are Pray so long as it is a pure surface to pray on, dont limit yourself to Mosque or your house because the Prophet (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon him) said:
“The (whole) earth has been made a mosque (or a place of prayer) and a means of purification for me, so wherever a man of my ummah may be when the time for prayer comes, let him pray.”

(Sahih Bukhari: 335)

For the exact Prayer time tables for Waga Waga click on the following link-

http://www.islamicfinder.org/world.php

Make sure you type Waga Waga in the search and it will give you a time table for there.

I ask Allah to grant us success.....

No comments: